This is so yummy! My girlfriend gave me the recipe and it sat in my cupboard for awhile and we tried it on a whim one year. Since then we included small bags of this is our Christmas gift baskets and people always rave about it. Sometimes we leave out the peanuts out and some times we leave the chocolate off. The popcorn without the chocolate is fabulous!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease two large cookie sheets.
- 2Place popcorn and peanuts in large paper bag. Set aside.
- 3In a glass bowl, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt.
- 4Microwave for 4 minutes until bubbly.
- 5Stir in baking soda.
- 6Pour over the popcorn in the bag. Fold over the top of the bag and shake. Shake until the the coating is evenly distributed.
- 7Roll down the edges of the bag and place bag in the microwave for 2 minutes, stopping every 40 seconds and shaking to mix.
- 8Spread mixture onto prepared sheets to cool.
- 9In a small glass bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave 90 seconds, stirring once, until melted.
- 10Drizzle over popcorn mixture. Let cool.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Corn
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.2
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 351.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g