Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is so yummy! My girlfriend gave me the recipe and it sat in my cupboard for awhile and we tried it on a whim one year. Since then we included small bags of this is our Christmas gift baskets and people always rave about it. Sometimes we leave out the peanuts out and some times we leave the chocolate off. The popcorn without the chocolate is fabulous!
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (must use butter)
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Grease two large cookie sheets.
- Place popcorn and peanuts in large paper bag. Set aside.
- In a glass bowl, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Microwave for 4 minutes until bubbly.
- Stir in baking soda.
- Pour over the popcorn in the bag. Fold over the top of the bag and shake. Shake until the the coating is evenly distributed.
- Roll down the edges of the bag and place bag in the microwave for 2 minutes, stopping every 40 seconds and shaking to mix.
- Spread mixture onto prepared sheets to cool.
- In a small glass bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave 90 seconds, stirring once, until melted.
- Drizzle over popcorn mixture. Let cool.