Recipe by Atiekay
These will dress up nearly any dessert! Mousse, cakes, whipped pies/tarts, ice cream, waffles, etc. Make doodad hearts, flowers, trees, lattices, or whatever you want! I've done writing as well (former cake decorator here) but they're more difficult to keep intact. Everyone will think you're so talented, but they're really very simple. Recipe is easily doubled.
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 small ziploc bag (unless you have a decorating bag to use)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chips in a small microwave-safe glass dish.
- Microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until just melted smooth.
- Stir in butter until smooth.
- Let chocolate cool slightly. Mixture needs to be creamy, but not hot.
- Spoon into ziploc bag. Fill half full and seal closed.
- Cut a very small corner off the bottom of the bag. **don't make it too big; you can always make it larger if necessary!
- Gently pipe designs onto a wax paper-lined plate. Keep the flow steady and stop squeezing and then lift bag at the end of each shape.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until firm.
- Carefully peel waxed paper from chocolate doodads before serving however you wish!