1 hr 5 mins
From BH&G Christmas. EVERYBODY loves them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a skillet.
- 2Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- 4Add nuts and stir to coat evenly.
- 5Spoon onto parchment lined baking sheets in a single layer.
- 6Bake @ 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minute.
- 7Spread onto wax paper to cool, break apart large clumps.
- 8Melt shortening and semisweet chocolate in small saucepan over low heat.
- 9Remove from heat and cool slightly
- 10Toss nuts until well coated and return to wax paper to harden.
- 11Drizzle with white chocolate.
- 12Let harden and they are ready to eat or bag for gifts.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Drenched Chipotle Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 860.2
- Calories from Fat 657
- Total Fat 73.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 469.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo