Recipe by Deb's Recipes
Very elegant and luscious, this is my long-time favorite pie! It's wonderful made with Hershey's Special Dark Chips, but any chocolate chips will do just fine. Plan on making the pie early in the day (or the night before) so that it has enough time to chill. Enjoy!
Top Review by Boxergurl
I kept joking with my husband that this was going to be better than his mom's chocolate pie. I was right, and he agreed! Definitely will be making this one again. It was really pretty quick and easy to whip together, too. I used Hershey's special dark chocolate chips, which made it rich and delicious. Thanks so much for sharing!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, divided
- 1 pre-baked pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan; gradually whisk in milk; stir in chocolate chips and egg yolks; cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture is thickened.
- Remove pan from heat; add cream cheese and beat until smooth; cover surface with plastic wrap; refrigerate for one hour or just until cool.
- Reserve 1 cup whipped topping; fold remaining 2+ cups whipped topping into the chocolate mixture; spoon evenly into prepared pie crust; cover and refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Top with reserved whipped topping and chocolate curls; serve or keep refrigerated until needed.