Recipe by Kaccy G.
Utterly smooth and creamy, this chocolate mousse is a 'sensible' delight made with fat-free evaporated milk.
Top Review by Evie*
I loved the texture of this delicious mousse, very creamy. And the chocolatey flavour was wonderful. This was the finishing touch to a Zaar dinner for us and going by the 'mmm mmmms' everyone enjoyed. I used a different brand of chocolate as we cant buy 'toll house' here in NZ, but it worked fine. I didnt get 12 servings (I got 6)from the mixture but maybe we were just piggys...lol Thanks for posting!
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) packagenestle toll house semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- SPRINKLE gelatin over water in a medium saucepan; let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved; stir in sugar.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Continue stirring over medium heat until milk is steaming hot (do not boil).
- POUR into blender container; add morsels and vanilla extract.
- Cover; blend on low speed until smooth.
- Pour into small mixer bowl.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds from a spoon.
- BEAT on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick and light in color.
- Spoon into serving dishes; chill until ready to serve.