Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a wonderful dessert when you are craving chocolate...just be careful not to eat the whole thing by yourself! Note: prep and cook time does not include time needed to chill, so plan accordingly.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups stabilized whipped cream, divided
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- chocolate curls (optional)
- In a bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Press cake mixture into a greased 9-in.x13-in.x2-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of the stabilized whipped cream.
- Carefully spread mixture over the cake crust and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand until slightly thickened.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with the remaining whipped cream and refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
Delicious chocolate dessert! Very rich! After eating it, everyone in our family had to drink a glass of milk. Loved the different layers, although next time I make it I'm going to skip the brownie-like chocolate cake. Made for Potluck tag.