Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is a wonderful dessert when you are craving chocolate...just be careful not to eat the whole thing by yourself! Note: prep and cook time does not include time needed to chill, so plan accordingly.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Delicious chocolate dessert! Very rich! After eating it, everyone in our family had to drink a glass of milk. Loved the different layers, although next time I make it I'm going to skip the brownie-like chocolate cake. Made for Potluck tag.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups stabilized whipped cream, divided
- 3 cups milk
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- chocolate curls (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, cut butter into cake mix until crumbly.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Press cake mixture into a greased 9-in.x13-in.x2-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of the stabilized whipped cream.
- Carefully spread mixture over the cake crust and refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes; let stand until slightly thickened.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with the remaining whipped cream and refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.