Recipe by Stewie
I always make a double recipe as these are popular around our house!
Top Review by Kelly Vaughn
That's okay, Stewie. I'm not sure that I'll try it again, although the recipe still does intrigue me and I would be curious to find out what this actually tastes like. Thank you for your explanations, anyway.
- 1 package unsalted saltine crackers (This is 1 column of crackers--not 1 full package)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (This is equal to 2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crackers in a single layer on a cookie sheet that has sides ( place them side by side covering the entire cookie sheet).
- Melt butter and sugar over medium to medium-high heat ; boil together for 3 minutes (should be bubbling).
- Pour over the crackers to cover.
- Bake at 400F for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately spread the chocolate chips on the top (again spreading to cover).
- Cool, then freeze for 2 hours or until hard.
- Break into pieces like peanut brittle (with a fork).
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.