Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Daisy sour cream. Yummy!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, melted
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly grease/spray cookie sheets; set aside.
- Beat first 4 ingredients until fluffy.
- Add sour cream, melted butter, and melted shortening; mix well.
- Gradually add flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in nuts (if using them).
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets at 325°F for 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and cool about 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Made for Holiday Tag 2007. Very addicting cookies. They practically melt in your mouth. These have a taste hat is similar to brownies but the texture is much more delicate. I did add some coarsely chopped walnuts and dusted the cookies with powdered sugar. Thanks for sharing such a delightful recipe, Parsley.