Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this in Prevention magazine and thought it would be a SLIGHTLY healthier treat for my sugar monsters. Haven't made it yet!
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package whipped dessert topping mix
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 15"x10" pan with wax paper.
- Wisk together cocoa, sugar and boiling water.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Prepare cake mix to pkg. directions, using the water and adding the cocoa mixture.
- Spread batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or till top looks dry.
- Invert onto large rack.
- Remove pan and wax paper and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve coffee in milk.
- Add whip topping& pudding mixes.
- Beat on low speed till moistened, then high speed till soft peaks form.
- Chill 5 minutes.
- Cut cake crosswise into thirds, cover each with topping, then stack.
- (I'll probably skip the stacking and just frost& serve) Chill for 2 hours.
I am always looking for low fat, calorie deserts, and this one was delicious. Turned out perfectly and the whole family enjoyed. Thanks!
Delicious! Always looking for low fat desserts and this was perfect. The whole family loved it...thanks for posting. P.S. I left out the coffee as I knew the kids wouldn't eat it if it was in there...but the plain chocolate taste was still wonderful!