Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From America's Best - A Collection of Savory Recipes Volume 1
- 1 3⁄4 cups cake flour (sifted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa (sifted)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup buttermilk (divided into 2/3 and 1/3)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- in a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- add butter and 2/3 of the buttermilk; mix well.
- add eggs and remaining buttermilk; mix well.
- pour into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- cool 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.