Prep 4 mins
Cook 35 mins
I had these at a potluck last night and they were maginificent!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- Cream butter with sugar and yolk in a large bowl until light and well blended. (There should be no brown sugar lumps.).
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Press dough in bottom of prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- While bottom layer is baking, beat sugar, flour, and eggs in the same bowl until frothy.
- Spread mixture over hot baked crust. Return to oven; bake about 15 minutes or until topping is set.
- Heat heavy cream, butter, and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Place chocolate in a stainless steel bowl. Pour boiling cream over the chocolate and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth, then pour over the dream bars.
- Chop nuts, sprinkle over chocolate layer.