Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe on another web site. It is a copycat recipe from Carrabba's. Bailey's Irish Cream can be used instead of Kaluha. It can also be served with a chocolate ganache poured over it before serving. Melt some good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips by pouring hot (do not boil) whipping cream over them and whipping. Let cool before spooning over Chocolate Dream. It can also be served with ice cream instead of mouse.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) boxduncan hines fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua (see recipe I submitted for this)
- 2 cups prepared chocolate mousse mix
- 2 cups real whipped cream
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate shavings
- Prepare brownie mix according to instructions on box, using the two egg recipe and substituting milk for the water.
- Line (2) 9" X 9" X 2" baking pans with either parchment paper or wax paper.
- Spray bottoms with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into each pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Set one brownie pan aside; invert other pan and remove brownie in one piece; return to pan upside down; remove parchment paper.
- Brush the brownie evenly with 1/2 the Kahlua; spread 1/2 the mousse evenly over the brownie; spread 1/2 the whipped cream over the mousse; sprinkle top evenly with chocolate shavings.
- Remove second brownie from pan; brush with remaining Kahlua; place brownie on top of other brownie; spread remaining mousse evenly over the brownie; spread remaining whipped cream over the mousse.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I made this for my husband's birthday tonight. Almost everyone said it was incredible, and one person asked for the recipe. I used chocolate hazelnut liquor instead of the Kaluah, and I topped it with additional chocolate shavings. It looked really nice and tasted incredibly rich.