Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is an absolute fantastic extreme chocolate no-bake dessert that is wonderful to serve at a dinner party or a get together as you can prepare this up to a day in advance and chill. Plan ahead--this needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours before serving. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers
- 1 (13 ounce) jar nutella, hazelnut spread
- 20 caramels, wrapped
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar (for a sweeter taste use 1/2 cup)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao (can add a tablespoon more)
- 2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 3 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (or to taste)
- Prepare a 9-inch springform baking pan.
- Microwave chocolate chips on HIGH until melted, stirring every 30 seconds; cool 5 minutes and set aside.
- Split the ladyfingers, then stand the halves around the edges of the 9-inch springform pan (placing the rounded sides of ladyfingers against the pan).
- Line the bottom of the pan with the remaining ladyfingers (reserving any remaining ones for other uses).
- Spread the Nutella spread evenly over the ladyfingers on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the caramels and 1/3 cup whipping cream in a medium heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly JUST until melted; remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans until coated.
- Spoon the caramel/nut mixture evenly over the Nutella spread in the pan.
- In a medium bowl beat 1/3 cup confectioners sugar with softened cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy about 4 minutes) then add in the Creme de Cacao; beat until blended, then add in the melted chocolate chips.
- Beat the remaining 2 cups whipping cream in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until stiff; fold into the cream cheese mixture, then spoon evenly over the caramel mixture in the pan.
- Shave the baking squares using a veggie peeler evenly on top, then sprinkle with about 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar (or to taste).
- Chill for 3 hours before serving.