Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ya Gotta Try These!
- 36 strawberries, unhulled (about 1 quart)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark chocolate chips (or semisweet)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate sprinkles (about 6 oz.)
- pistachios, chopped fine (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. Wipe strawberries clean and dry with paper towels.
- Stir chocolate chips and shortening in top of a double boiler set over simmering water until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth(or melt in the microwave).
- Place chocolate sprinkles in shallow bowl. Holding 1 strawberry by its green top, dip 3/4 of the strawberry into melted chocolate. Let the excess drip off, then dip into chocolate sprinkles. Place on waxed paper-lined sheet. Repeat, dipping remaining strawberries into chocolate, then into sprinkles and/or chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate until chocolate coating is firm, about 1 hour. This can be prepared 8 hours ahead and kept refrigerated. Enjoy!
Sharon - these turned out fantastic for my 4th of July BBQ celebration. My guests thought they were super cute and of course very yummy! With your permission I used white chocolate and red & blue sugars for the dipping. Tagged in Newest Zaar Tag. Thanks for sharing this idea. I know I'll be making these again. I'm already planning for a wedding idea for next May for my oldest DD.
I made these using white chocolate on half of the berries and dark chocolate on the other half with the chocolate sprinkles, my fruit-loving DH could not get enough of these and I will make these again very soon, thanks for sharing Shar!