Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mom used to make these from a recipe cut out of the paper years ago. The kids love them.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare base: In a bowl, blend butter and brown sugar. Beat in milk, flour, and salt. Mix well.
- Spread mixture over bottom of a greased 13 X 9 pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs. Stir in remaining topping ingredients.
- When baked layer is done, spread topping mixture over it. Return to oven to continue baking for 20 minutes longer.
- Mark into squares or bars while still warm. When thoroughly cooled, remove from pan.
My grandkids really have a sweet tooth and I am always looking for something to tickle their fancy, so I made these to try. They were an instant hit and eaten and enjoyed by the whole gang. These will be made again, and I am sure soon too!
These were wonderful!! They were quite addictive!! Easy to prepare and ... very easy to disappear!! Thanks ElaineAnn!
These are really good and easy to make. I left out the coconut due to family preferences. The flavor of these cookies kind of remind me of a pecan tart cookie only much easier to make. Thanks!