1/1 Photo of Chocolate Dippity Donuts (Paula Deen)
Found this recipe on foodnetwork.com on Paula's Party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil, for frying
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can biscuits
For the sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) bar sweet chocolate (recommended ( Baker's German's)
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to about 360 to 375 degrees F.
- 2Remove biscuits from the can. Poke a hole in each one with your thumb. Form them into doughnuts. Drop them into hot grease and brown them on both sides until they were done about 2 minutes on each side. Don't forget to flip often.
- 3For the sauce:.
- 4Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over very low heat. Stir in the sugar, alternating with the evaporated milk, blending well. Raise the heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat and cook, stirring, until the mixture becomes thick and creamy, about 8 minutes. Stir in the vanilla, remove the pan from the heat.
- 5Dip cooked doughnuts immediately into the chocolate mixture before the chocolate starts to cool. Add topping/toppings of your choice.
- 6Place the doughnuts on a plate and serve when the chocolate on the doughnuts sets, about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dippity Donuts (Paula Deen)
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1002.8
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 753.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 84.3 g
- Protein 13.0 g