Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love the cookie recipes by Pillsbury, this is one of my favorites, found in one of their cookbooks. the almond and toffee cookie tastes great with the chocolate glaze.
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped or ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 325 ° F.
- Mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add flour, almonds, toffee bits, and salt, and mix well.
- Roll dough itno 1 inch balls, then into the shape of a log, bend to make a crescent shape.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Make glaze.
- In a microwave safe dish mix glaze ingredients.
- Microwave on high for 45-60 seconds, stirring once halfway through.
- After glaze is finished cooking, stir until smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie into glaze and place on waxed paper.
These cookies were delicious and so pretty too! They were easy to make, although not the fastest recipe. But the result was worth it. I ended up with a beautiful dessert plate. I had some white chocolate left from something else so I drizzled a bit of it on top of the dark chocolate. Thanks Dawn for a cookie recipe that goes into my permanent recipe book!