1/2 Photos of Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cheesecake
Ms. Poppy's Note:
From Taste of Home Annual Recipes 2010. I used low-fat ingredients rather than the fat-free. It is an impressive looking dessert, and everyone enjoyed it. It is a very light, no-bake cheesecake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb fresh strawberries (or frozen, thawed)
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2Hull strawberries if necessary, puree in a food processor. Remove and set aside. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water, let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to the food processor, add cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar. Cover and process until smooth.
- 3Add strawberry puree, cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl, fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- 4For garnish, wash strawberries and gently pat with papertowels until completely dry. Cut tops off berries. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate at 50 percent power; stir until smooth. Dip each berry tip until half of the berry is coated, allowing excess to drip off. Place with tips pointing up on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 5Carefully run a knife around edge of springform pan to loose; remove sides of pan. Arrange berries, chocolate tips up, around edge of cheesecake and place one in the center. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 362.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate graham cracker crumbs