Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick way to make an impressive treat. Please read the easy instructions to help you decide which kinds(s) you are going to make. Enjoy!
- 12 large ripe strawberries, washed
- 8 ounces 70% dark chocolate
- 4 ounces white chocolate (use the full amount if you are only making the white chocolate drizzled strawberries)
- Rice Krispies
- coconut, shredded
- nuts, chopped (try almonds, pistachios or peanuts)
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl set over a small pot of simmering water. In a separate bowl, melt the white chocolate.
- Impale a strawberry with a skewer and dip it into the melted dark chocolate, just short of the leaves. Lay the strawberry on a parchment-lined baking sheet while the chocolate hardens. Lightly drizzle some white chocolate over the dark and leave to completely set.
- OR -> Dip strawberries into melted chocolate and then immediately roll in your choice of Rice Krispies OR coconut OR chopped nuts. Lay on a baking sheet to set.
I lost my one window of opportunity to try these before my family greedily ate 'em...and that would be because my butt was too big to fit through it.
What a great way to serve strawberries and make a huge statement. My kids and grandson had a blast dipping them in the chocolate and then some toppings. We used coconut, chopped almonds, and some rainbow sprinkles for the grandson! Super simple to make. We did cheat a bit and either chose to dip in the dark chocolate or the white chocolate and did not drizzle and that was because I had a kitchen full of kids! Just super fun. Thanks for sharing Nif! Made for the Potluck Tag Game.