Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My son asked me to make some of these to take on a picnic to impress his girlfriend. I found this recipe on the Nestle site and it was so quick and easy, that this is the only recipe I use now. I have found any good chocolate can be used but the Melts or chips are easier to melt, you can use either dark, white or milk chocolate depending on you taste. I also dip some of the strawberries in chopped nuts or sprinkles after dipping in chocolate for a great effect. Preparation time includes setting of the Strawberries.
- Cover an oven tray with foil or baking paper.
- Wash the strawberries and dry them thoroughly on paper towels.
- Melt the Melts according to instructions on the packet, or if using chocolate melt in double boiler or in the micriwave on low.
- Holding the strawberries by the stalk, dip them into the Melts. Place on the tray.
- Leave to set.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate and use within 4 hours.
- NOTES~ It is important that the surface of the strawberries are not wet from washing, as this will prevent the chocolate sticking to the fruit. The strawberries must be at room temperature for dipping as the chocolate sets more evenly and doesnt lift from the strawberry. Chocolate dipped Strawberries are best done just before serving as humidity can also be chocolate dipped fruits worst nightmare, but can be left for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
Delicious! And so easy to make. Thanks for sharing....Made for Best of 2013 Tag game.
My daughter and I made these awhile back! They are so good! She loved helping me do it. She keeps asking to do it again. I want to try different fruit.
Delicious I combined this recipe and Pizza Crust/Fruit Pizza by NurseJaney and dipped the strawberries, kiwi fruit and mandarine segments (the last two didn't take the dipping easily) and it made for a great dessert enjoyed by all. Thank you Tisme, made for Make My Recipe in the Aussie/Kiwi forum.