1/8 Photos of Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
My son asked me to make some of these to take on a picnic to impress his girlfriend. I found this recipe on the Nestle site and it was so quick and easy, that this is the only recipe I use now. I have found any good chocolate can be used but the Melts or chips are easier to melt, you can use either dark, white or milk chocolate depending on you taste. I also dip some of the strawberries in chopped nuts or sprinkles after dipping in chocolate for a great effect. Preparation time includes setting of the Strawberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover an oven tray with foil or baking paper.
- 2Wash the strawberries and dry them thoroughly on paper towels.
- 3Melt the Melts according to instructions on the packet, or if using chocolate melt in double boiler or in the micriwave on low.
- 4Holding the strawberries by the stalk, dip them into the Melts. Place on the tray.
- 5Leave to set.
- 6Serve immediately, or refrigerate and use within 4 hours.
- 7NOTES~ It is important that the surface of the strawberries are not wet from washing, as this will prevent the chocolate sticking to the fruit. The strawberries must be at room temperature for dipping as the chocolate sets more evenly and doesnt lift from the strawberry. Chocolate dipped Strawberries are best done just before serving as humidity can also be chocolate dipped fruits worst nightmare, but can be left for up to 24 hours in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.6
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g