1 hr 5 mins
Found this gem in a web-search for a shortbread cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars and salt for about 1 minute. Beat in vanilla.
- 3Reduce speed and add flour in 3 additions, beating just until blended. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- 4Transfer dough to an ungreased 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- 5Press dough evenly on bottom of pan with your fingers.
- 6Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes; do not underbake.
- 7Let cool for 5 minutes.
- 8Cut shortbread in pan, lengthwise and crosswise into quarters, then lengthwise into 32 rectangles.
- 9Let cool in pan.
- 10Melt remaining chocolate and oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring, until smooth.
- 11Dip half of each cookie into chocolate; place on wax paper.
- 12Let stand until chocolate is set.
- 13(Cookies may be made up to 4 days ahead and stored, tightly wrapped, at room temperature.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.5
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 193.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 49.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g