Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this gem in a web-search for a shortbread cookie.
Make and share this Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Fingers recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb butter (unsalted and softened)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 3⁄4 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugars and salt for about 1 minute. Beat in vanilla.
- Reduce speed and add flour in 3 additions, beating just until blended. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to an ungreased 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
- Press dough evenly on bottom of pan with your fingers.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes; do not underbake.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut shortbread in pan, lengthwise and crosswise into quarters, then lengthwise into 32 rectangles.
- Let cool in pan.
- Melt remaining chocolate and oil in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring, until smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie into chocolate; place on wax paper.
- Let stand until chocolate is set.
- (Cookies may be made up to 4 days ahead and stored, tightly wrapped, at room temperature.).