Recipe by Miss Erin C.
These are an elegant addition to a Christmas cookie plate.
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
Took these to a cookie exchange and they were a hit. I used Scharfen-Berger semi-sweet chocolate instead of chocolate chips. Shaped the cookies into little sort-of squares instead of pressing down with a fork, and so they were half dipped in chocolate. Also I dipped them in chopped pistachios after the chocolate so they looked great with the green nuts on the chocolate and tasted even better with a little saltiness from the nuts to go along with the chocolate. Loved them. Will make them again and again.
- Cream butter and sugar, add flour and vanilla.
- Pinch of 1/2" balls of dough, roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Use the tines of a fork to flatten cookies.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet, cool 10-15 minutes.
- Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate.
- Chill to set chocolate.