Recipe by I'mPat
Given to me by a girlfriend but all we know is it came from a TV cooking show in Australia, she wrote the recipe down and it was delcious.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These are a very simple and good shortbread cookie. I baked for 12 minutes and when I checked they looked like huge mounds of dough so I flattened them a bit at that point and finished baking. Made for Make My Recipe Aus/NZ.
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups flour (lain or all purpose)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 g chocolate (white, dark or milk or a bit of each melted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan forced) about 185/190C for conventional.
- Cream butter and caster sugar together until fluffy.
- Toss in the flour, baking powder and vanilla essence and mix till combined.
- Place spoonfulls of mixture onto a lined baking tray and lightly press with a fork to flatten a little if you like.
- Bake in oven fir 15 to 20 minutes (my friend set hers for 12 minutes and kept a check from then - her oven tends to be hot - and reconed they were perfect at 16 to 18 minutes - won't disagree with her on that).
- Allow to cool and then drizzle over with the melted chocolate of choice.