Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These elegant mocha-dipped pretzels are a snap to make, and liven up any cookie tray. They're also a lovely gift in a coffee-mug!
- 48 large pretzel rods
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 -5 tablespoons hot brewed coffee
- holiday candy sprinkles or colored crystal sugar, to decorate
- In a microwave, melt the bittersweet chips, shortening, and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough coffee to achieve a glaze consistency.
- Dip pretzel rods into glaze; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; decorate with holiday sprinkles or colored sugar; allow glaze to set.
- Alternatively, you can drizzle with melted white chocolate before sprinkles for another visually appealing look.