Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I subscribed to a food blog called Slashfood, which featured this recipe recently. Of course, I just had to go and make it. It satisfies on so many levels, you can't even begin to count them!
- Melt the butter over low heat in a large pot.
- Stir in the marshmallows and cook until fully melted and no marshmallow white remains.
- Stir in the peanut butter until combined.
- Stir in the cereal until distributed evenly through the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour out onto a lightly greased rectangular baking dish (9 by 13 inches).
- Smooth out the top of the treats by moistening your hands with a little water and using the palms of your hand to press down gently. Don't press down too hard or else your treats will be too dense.
- Set aside to cool.
- Once the treats have cooled, melt the chocolate over low heat.
- Cut the treats into even squares and quickly just shallowly dip the top side of the treats into the chocolate.
- Turn chocolate side up and set in a baking dish or on a rack until set.
Was looking for something different and came across this recipe. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I didn't add the chocolate. I also "greased" my pan with cooking spray instead of more butter. I used mini marshmallows instead of the large as that is what I had on hand. I used natural peanut butter as that is what I buy.
My family enjoyed these, but i just wasn't crazy about them.
Only had mini marshmallows, an already opened bag that needed used, plus a full 16oz one. So I used what seemed to be the equiv of 3/4 of a 16oz bag. Estimated the 3/4 smooth pb (used Jif Creamy, my fave), used Smart Balance with Flaxsweed Oil for the butter (both for the greasing of the pan and the treats themselves). Out of pure laziness and the desire for just pb Krispy Treats, I left off the chocolate chips, though I did have them on hand. These reminded me of my childhood. They set up perfectly in a 9x13 pan with some minimal pressing (to avoid the rock-hard density). Yummy, yummy, yummy. Thanks Mirj! As always you have some wonderful recipes. Bf enjoyed these too (last time I made plain Krispy treats he was disappointed I didn't make 'em pb so this was just what I was hunting for). I was worried I wouldn't find one that used marshmallows still, because I found a lot of ones with corn syrup, and I prefer using the marshmallows.