1/2 Photos of Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles
A wonderful and different treat! Bugles are filled with peanut butter and dipped in chocolate. Yum! Recipe courtesy of Country Woman Christmas 2004
My Private Note
doz bug ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (room temperature)
- 6 cups Bugles original flavor snacks
- 12 ounces milk chocolate confectionary coating (or see note below for substitute for milk chocolate)
- 1Fill plastic food bag with peanut butter.
- 2Cut small hole in corner of bag.
- 3Twist open end of bag tight and carefully pipe the peanut butter into the Bugles.
- 4Do not overfill or the filling will leak out.
- 5In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy coating at 70% power for 1 1/ 2 minutes. Stir.
- 6Heat 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer or until melted; stir until smooth.
- 7Chocolate can also be melted in the top of a double boiler.
- 8Dip the peanut butter filled end of each Bugle halfway into the chocolate coating.
- 9Place on waxed paper to dry.
- 10Note: You can also use chocolate chips melted with 2 teaspoons of shortening to dip the bugles. If chocolate needs rewarming while dipping, place in microwave for a few seconds til smooth.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles
Serving Size: 1 (2403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 932.9
- Calories from Fat 509
- Total Fat 56.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 240.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 76.7 g
- Protein 17.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Bugles original flavor snacks