Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 4 cups holiday cookie mix
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut in pieces
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- Dip measuring cup into mix and level off; allow to come to room temperature.
- In large bowl, combine all cookie ingredients at low speed until well mixed and dough forms.
- Divide dough in half;place each half on sheet of waxed paper.
- Shape each half into a log 1/2 inch diameter.
- Wrap in waxed paper;refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Remove logs from refrigerator.
- For oval cookies,mold logs into oval shape.
- For triangle cookies,mold logs into triangle shape.
- Rewrap;refrigerate until firm ,about 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut dough into 1/4 inch slices, one inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and shortening, stirring constantly.
- Set saucepan in hot water to maintain dipping consistency.
- Dipe ends of cooled cookie into chocolate mixture;allow excess to drip off.
- Place cookies on waxed paper to set.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in a loosely covered container in a cool place.
Good cookies. Not to chewy or crispy. I took the lead from Noo and also piped my chocolate on top rather than dipping them. They remind me of a Pepperidge Farm cookie. I used your Holiday Cookie Mix. They baked for 8 minutes each sheet. Made and Reviewed for Every Day Holiday Tag - Thanks! :)
These are really lovely and easy to make cookies.The orange flavour comes through beautifully,and the chocolate finishes it all off nicely.I got into a bit of a mess dipping mine,so I decided to pipe chocolate onto them instead. A good recipe,that's sure to be enjoyed again.thanks Lorrie. Made for PhotoTag.