Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I LOVE macaroons. Dipped with chocolate is just a bonus! From Woman’s Day November 16, 2004
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325°F
- Line baking sheet(s) with foil.
- Coat with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites in a small to medium bowl with mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Fold into coconut mixture.
- Drop level measuring tablespoons about 1" apart on baking sheet(s).
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Slide foil onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Peel off foil and save.
- Melt chocolate chips as package directs.
- Dip bottoms of macaroons in chocolate and replace on foil.
- Slide foil back onto baking sheets and refrigerate until chocolate sets; peel macaroons off foil.
- Refrigerate tightly covered with wax paper between layers up to 1 week.
My wife made these today. I ate 5! Excellent recipe. Thanks!