I've been trying to find a recipe that is at least half as good as Big Island Candy's version. I'm posting this here to try out soon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour until well blended.
- 2Stir in macadamia nuts.
- 3Place dough on wax paper and shape into a roll two inches in diameter.
- 4Wrap in paper and foil and chill at least two hours or overnight.
- 5Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 6Cut roll into slices approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- 7Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 20 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
- 8Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
- 9Meanwhile, in a small bowl melt chocolate chips (microwave works well) and stir in shortening.
- 10Mix well.
- 11Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate mixture and place on wax paper.
- 12Refrigerate cookies until chocolate hardens.
- 13Store in cool place.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Dipped Macadamia Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 55.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g