Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been trying to find a recipe that is at least half as good as Big Island Candy's version. I'm posting this here to try out soon!
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour until well blended.
- Stir in macadamia nuts.
- Place dough on wax paper and shape into a roll two inches in diameter.
- Wrap in paper and foil and chill at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cut roll into slices approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 20 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
- Remove from oven; cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl melt chocolate chips (microwave works well) and stir in shortening.
- Mix well.
- Dip one end of each cookie into chocolate mixture and place on wax paper.
- Refrigerate cookies until chocolate hardens.
- Store in cool place.
Delicious! I baked them at 325 degrees for 15 minutes and they were perfect. I also dipped some in melted white chocolate and they were oh so yummy. Great to give as gifts. They are so easy, and much better than store-bought.