These are lighter then the ones without the Rice Krispies. I got the recipe from the "Classic Holiday Cooking" cook book. You can shape into eggs for Easter!
- Melt butter and while hot, stir in peanut butter.
- Mix well and add vanilla, powdered sugar and Rice Krispies.
- Work in with hands until it will form balls.
- If using paraffin shred on a box grater then add to the chocolate in a double boil and heat till melted and combined.
- Dip into melted chocolate and paraffin or shortening with toothpick.
- Cool on waxed paper.
I used parafin to make these. They turned out really nice. It's a bit of work, but what the heck - it's Christmas. :)
Instead of paraffin you can use shortening.
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! But Messy! Messy! Messy to make! I chose this recipe over the other peanut butter balls because it used less butter and more peanut butter. I too used just 2 cups of powdered sugar and it was PLENTY!! Still very sweet! One thing I did that has not been mentioned is that I chilled the peanut butter mixture before shaping it into balls - about 10 mins in the fridge, and once they were shaped into balls I threw them into the freezer for 5 mins before dipping them in the chocolate. I thought it was just way too sticky and messy to work with at room temp. Very Yummy!! Glad I found this recipe.