1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A super easy twist on Key Lime Pie - found in Food Network magazine. Great on a hot day. Make sure to purchase a pre-frozen Key Lime Pie for this recipe as not all refrigerated pies freeze well. Cooking time is actually freezer time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie key lime, 9-inch frozen
- 2 lbs semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (or bittersweet)
- 10 wooden pop sticks
- 1Carefully remove the pie from the aluminum tin and place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Lay another piece of parchment paper over the pie; place your hand on top of the pie to stabilize it.
- 2Insert 10 wooden pop sticks into the side of the pie @ equal intervals, sticking them thru the crust and about 2" into the filling. If the crust starts to crack, pierce it first with a knife before inserting the sticks.
- 3Cut the pie into 10 wedges, with a stick in the middle of each wedge. Return to the freezer until rock hard, about 1 hour.
- 4Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler use the following method. Set a heatproof bowl on top of a deep saucepan of water & bring to boil (do not let the bowl touch the water). Once the water boils, turn off the heat and add two thirds of the chocolate to the bowl. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula until the chocolate is melted.
- 5Transfer the melted chocolate to a quart-size container and add the remaining chopped chocolate. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth & shiny about 5 to 7 minutes. If you don't have an immersion blender you can stir vigorously with a whisk.
- 6Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil (shiny side up) or plastic wrap. Working quickly, hold a wedge of pie by the stick and dip it in the chocolate. Let the excess drip off then lay the pie pop on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining wedges.
- 7Freeze pops at least 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dipped Key Lime Pie Pops
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.5
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.7 g