Recipe by pamela t.
I first had chocolate dipped Lays at a chocolatier in a pricey mall. These are great and from Rachael Ray.
Top Review by alligirl
I've always wanted an excuse to make these! I found some flavored kettle chips, Death Valley Chipotle, and thought they would be great! I'm fascinated by the use of chocolate and 'heat'...I also used some wavy chips for dipping, but did not use the pistachios, as DS helped me and could not wait to 'taste test' them :D ! I will try them with the nuts very soon, as I plan on making these again and again over the holidays! I really enjoyed the flavor with the spicy chips and chocolate together! Thanks for sharing, westtextazzy!
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 9 ounces salted kettle-cooked potato chips
- chopped pistachios
- coase salt
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
- In a small bowl, break up chocolate, microwave chocolate and oil on high power,stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Set a rack over the cookie sheets lined with wax paper.
- Working with one chip at a time, dip the chips into the hot chocolate and set on the rack.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios over one-third of chips.
- Sprinkle coarse salt over one third.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper over one third.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.