Posted by request, this is a combination of two cats' tongue recipes...one jam filled, the other chocolate dipped! The final product is a delicious buttery cookie with raspberry jam filling and rich chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400*.
- 2Line cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- 3Cream butter on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add sugar and blend together.
- 5Add vanilla (or zest), then egg and egg yolk;mix well.
- 6Sift flour over batter and incorporate.
- 7Batter will be thick.
- 8Spoon batter into pastry bag or decorator fitted with 1/2 inch round tip or medium star tip.
- 9Pipe 3 inch lengths of dough, about 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.
- 10Bake cookies in the center of the oven for 8 to 9 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- 11Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 12While cookies are cooling, prepare filling.
- 13In a saucepan, melt the jam with the lemon juice until it comes to a simmer.
- 14Brush the jam over flat side of half the cookies and top with remaining cookies, flat side touching the jam.
- 15Let cookies remain on racks in a cool place until jam has set.
- 16Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate and place on wax paper until chocolate hardens.
- 17If desired, sprinkle chocolate with chocolate or colored sprinkles (jimmies) before letting the chocolate set up.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dipped Jam Filled Cats' Tongues
Serving Size: 1 (1237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 7.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g