Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted by request, this is a combination of two cats' tongue recipes...one jam filled, the other chocolate dipped! The final product is a delicious buttery cookie with raspberry jam filling and rich chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Line cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- Cream butter on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and blend together.
- Add vanilla (or zest), then egg and egg yolk;mix well.
- Sift flour over batter and incorporate.
- Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into pastry bag or decorator fitted with 1/2 inch round tip or medium star tip.
- Pipe 3 inch lengths of dough, about 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies in the center of the oven for 8 to 9 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, prepare filling.
- In a saucepan, melt the jam with the lemon juice until it comes to a simmer.
- Brush the jam over flat side of half the cookies and top with remaining cookies, flat side touching the jam.
- Let cookies remain on racks in a cool place until jam has set.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate and place on wax paper until chocolate hardens.
- If desired, sprinkle chocolate with chocolate or colored sprinkles (jimmies) before letting the chocolate set up.
These were great cookies, reminded me a lot of the cookies you pay an arm and a leg for at the bakery! No longer have to make the trip to the bakery, thanks! (I also dipped mine in finely chopped walnuts, after the chocolate)
These look great and taste pretty good, but not EXACTLY as buttery as the ones I love from bakeries. Still, very good option and I love the savings of making them at home. I used a piping bag with no tip added, which is 1/2 inch, and they turned out really well.
so delicious..best cookies ive ever made! I didnt have a pastry bag so i used a ziplock and cut off one of the corners and it works the same way. just be careful b/c these cookies grow a lot as they bake. Also if you want them to set quicker put them in the freezer for a few minutes..awesome cookies thanks!!