Courtesy Dave Lieberman
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place hazelnuts on baking sheet. Bake until they're a shade darker and fragrant, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- 3Lower oven to 325 degrees F.
- 4Place hazelnuts in blender or food processor and pulse to coarse bits; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt to blend; set aside.
- 5Beat butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon until smooth. Beat in egg. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Add the chopped hazelnuts and mix until distributed evenly throughout.
- 6Form into finger sized logs, about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons dough each, and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake until firm, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on racks.
- 7In a saucepan over lowest heat or in a double boiler, melt chocolate. Dip 1 end of cooled cookies into melted chocolate. Place back on cookie sheet to harden.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dipped Hazelnut Shortbread Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3029.9
- Calories from Fat 2157
- Total Fat 239.6 g
- Saturated Fat 102.8 g
- Cholesterol 455.7 mg
- Sodium 2098.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 219.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 35.3 g
- Sugars 74.7 g
- Protein 54.9 g