Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are buttery rich and slightly spicy little gems that are dipped into chocolate. They are a great addition to any holiday tray.
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing excess foil to hang over the sides. Butter only the bottom of the pan.
- Combine flour, butter, brown sugar, ginger, cornstarch, salt in a food processor. Process for about 20 seconds, stop the machine before the mixture forms a ball.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan. With a sharp knife score the dough making 25 squares. Prick each square two times with a fork.
- Bake 25-28 minutes, until edges are very lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan by lifting the foil ends.
- Cut into 25 squares using a serrated knife.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a saucepan, stirring well. Dip cookies diagonally into the melted chocolate. Then place on waxed paper and refrigerate until firm.