Recipe by Kathy(
Haven't made yet -- but sounds like a very pretty and special holiday buffet recipe. Can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated (about 6 hours, but not much more than that).
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 6 cups fresh fruit (whole strawberries, grapes, mandarin orange segments, cherries, sliced star fruit, dried apricots, e)
- fresh mint leaves or fresh rosemary
Orange Peel Bow
- 1 orange
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Wash and dry fruit. Slice star fruit.
- Heat chocolate ships and shortening in a small pot over low heat, stirring often until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Dip HALF of each fruit piece in chocolate. Place on waxed paper. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Arrange fruit on a serving plate in the shape of a wreath. Garnish with fresh rosemary and/or fresh mint leaves by inserting sprigs into the "wreath" then top with an orange peel bow.
- Orange Peel Bow: Using a channel knife, cut a long strip of orange peel. Roll or sprinkle with sugar the arrange into a bow on top of the wreath.