1 hr 15 mins
Kathy at Food.com's Note:
Haven't made yet -- but sounds like a very pretty and special holiday buffet recipe. Can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated (about 6 hours, but not much more than that).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 6 cups fresh fruit (whole strawberries, grapes, mandarin orange segments, cherries, sliced star fruit, dried apricots, e)
- fresh mint leaves or fresh rosemary
Orange Peel Bow
- 1Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- 2Wash and dry fruit. Slice star fruit.
- 3Heat chocolate ships and shortening in a small pot over low heat, stirring often until smooth. Remove from heat.
- 4Dip HALF of each fruit piece in chocolate. Place on waxed paper. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5Arrange fruit on a serving plate in the shape of a wreath. Garnish with fresh rosemary and/or fresh mint leaves by inserting sprigs into the "wreath" then top with an orange peel bow.
- 6Orange Peel Bow: Using a channel knife, cut a long strip of orange peel. Roll or sprinkle with sugar the arrange into a bow on top of the wreath.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Dipped Fruit Wreath
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 989.5
- Calories from Fat 575
- Total Fat 63.9 g
- Saturated Fat 33.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 104.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: