Recipe by Cupcake-Princess
This is me and my brothers recipe for yummy frozen bananas.You will sure be surprised how quick and easy these are to make.
Top Review by Noni Suzanne
WOW! 10 STARS! So easy, and oh so yummy! I actually cut the ends off of the banana and put them in the freezer (peel on) for about 30 minutes prior to inserting the sticks, then peeled and dipped...returning to the freezer after. I also melted the chocolate mixture in the microwave and it came out fine. I had plenty of time to do my dipping before the chocolate became to hard to work with. I rolled a few in peanuts, a few in coconut, and left a few plain. These were so easy to make that I will be making them weekly, I'm sure! I lined a cookie sheet with parchment paper and let the bananas set up in the freezer this way, before moving them to a covered oblong plastic container. Easy making, easy clean up:) Thank you for posting as I have always wondered how to make one of my favorite treats!
- 6 firm bananas
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- shredded coconut, chopped nuts, sprinkles, ect
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off a inch off the bottom of each unpeeled banana, and gently insert a popsicle stick into each one. Then unpeel bananas. Place banana's onto a baking sheet and freeze until frozen.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate chips and shortening. Dip frozen bananas into melted chocolate, then roll in coconut, chopped nuts, sprinkles, or anything you want.
- Eat immediatly or freeze to eat them another time. Enjoy!