Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
this recipe is for cookies that are dipped in ccocolate. i found in with my Land o Lakes butter and its really good. also, the recipe calls for pecans instead of walnuts, but they taste just as good. the cookies taste pretty good with a pinch of cinnamon as well. makes a great present wrapped in a decorative bag
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- combine powdered sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping the sides of the bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda. beat until well mixed. Divide dough into fourths, cover, and refridgerate for one hour.
- heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. roll each fourth into four 10-inch pieces. Cut each rope into four 2.5 inch pieces and shape into a crescent. place onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. cookies will not brown. cool comepletly.
- Combine choc. chips and shortening in sm microwaveable bowl. microwave on high for 1-2 min or until melted. dip half of each cookie into chocolate and sprinkle with chopped nuts. let stand until set.