Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe I found in a recipe book. Very delicious.
- 60 g butter
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2⁄3 cup plain flour
- 150 g chocolate, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1 tablespoon milk, approximately
- Beat butter, essence and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted flour, mix to a firm dough; cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough between sheets of greaseproof paper until 3 mm thick. Cut 3 1/2 cm rounds from dough, place rounds about 2 cm apart on greased oven trays.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 8 minutes or until lightly coloured. Stand biscuits for a few minutes on trays, life onto wire racks to cool.
- Spread biscuits with coffee cream, stand on wire racks until set. Dip biscuits into the chocolate, stand on foil- covered tray until set.
- COFFEE CREAM:.
- Sift icing sugar into bowl, stir in oil, essence and enough milk to make spreadable.