They're sticky-moist on the inside, and coated with rich dark chocolate. Without flour or leavening, they're a sweet finish to the Passover seder. Recipe courtesy of King Arthur Flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1182.95 ml shredded unsweetened coconut (be generous)
- 354.88 ml coconut cream (such as Coco Lopez)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml coconut, flavor (optional)
- 78.07 ml coconut milk powder (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line with parchment.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut, coconut cream, salt, and coconut flavor, stirring till thoroughly combined.
- 3Add the coconut milk powder, stirring to combine.
- 4Drop the sticky mixture in ping pong-sized balls (about 1 1/2") onto the prepared baking sheets. It helps to use a tablespoon cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop here.
- 5For best results, pack the coconut mixture into the scoop; each ball should weigh about 1 ounce.
- 6You can space the balls fairly close together on the baking sheet; they only need about 3/4" to 1" between them.
- 7Bake the macaroons for about 10 minutes; they won't brown. You may see the merest hint of brown on top.
- 8Remove from the oven, and cool completely on the baking sheet.
- 9To make the coating, heat the chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup until the chips are very soft. A microwave oven works well, as does a saucepan set over very low heat.
- 10Dip half of each cooled macaroon into the chocolate.
- 11Set the macaroons back on the baking sheet, and allow the chocolate to set completely before serving.
- 12To store, place in one layer in a closed container.
- 13They'll keep for 2 or 3 days, but will gradually become less moist as they sit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons (Great for Passover)
Serving Size: 1 (1913 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.7
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 44.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g