Chocolate and coconut are so good together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, stir together egg whites, sugar, salt, vanilla, coconut and sift in flour.
- 2Stir the mixture until combined well.
- 3Cook the mixture over moderate heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- 4Increase heat to moderately-high and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, for 3-5 minutes more, or until it is thickened and begins to pull away from the bottom and sides of pan.
- 5Transfer mixture to a bowl and let it cool slightly, and chill, surface covered with plastic wrap, until just cold.
- 6Preheat oven to 300F and place rack in centre of oven.
- 7Drop heaping teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart onto buttered baking sheets an d bake macaroons in batches for 20-25 minutes, or until pale golden.
- 8Transfer to a rack and let cool.
- 9Melt chocolate, stirring, until smooth.
- 10Remove from heat and dip in macaroons, coating halfway and letting chocolate drip off.
- 11Transfer to a foil-lined tray and chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until chocolate is set.
- 12The macaroons keep, chilled, separated by layers of wax paper, in an airtight container for 3 days.
- 13Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 66.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g