Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice easy dessert!
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml egg white (from about 3 eggs)
- 340.19 g flaked coconut (not shredded)
- 113.39 g semisweet chocolate, melted
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the ingredients except the chocolate together in a bowl. (The recipe can be made up to this point and kept refrigerated up to 3 days in advance).
- Scoop the mixture with a small 1 to 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between the cookies. Bake until light golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool completely on the pans.
- Remove from the pan and dip the bottoms in melted chocolate, then place back on the sheet tray to set up.
VERY SWEET! In the future, I'll shop for unsweetened coconut! I mixed up the cookie ingredients and refrigerated overnight ~ I used a small cookie scoop that made 30 cookies, baked on parchment paper for 14 minutes ~ I dipped the bottoms of the cookies into the chocolate and returned them to the parchment; I then thought that more chocolate would remain on the cookie, instead of the parchment, if I laid the cookies on their side! I know now, that the chocolate would have come off the parchment intact! LOL ~ My first time to make macaroons! Made for Fall PAC 2011 ~