Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
A rich, chocolate coating over decadent, double-chocolate bite-size brownies with festive toppings. I got this recipe at a TOH Christmas Show and they are INCREDIBLE!! They are probably the absolute best cookie/candy type treat I've ever made!! We noticed they tasted even better on day 2 & 3 so you might want to make them ahead of time. I used candy coating wafers to dip them in rather than more chocolate chips. One of the reasons was, I wanted to dip half of them in white chocolate. If you try that, make sure you do the white chocolate first...when the brownies are right out of the freezer. As they warmed up, I had trouble with crumbs getting in the coating. Both kinds, the white and dark chocolate, were fantastic though!
Top Review by myer07
My hosband loves peanutbutter so i made peanutbutter brownies and then dipped them in milk chocolate and decorated.. They were simply wonderful.. Thanks for posting this idea.. :)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- red and green M&M's or red and green gumdrops or melted white chocolate chips or other christmas candies or candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- For Brownies: In a saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and water to a boil over medium heat; remove from the heat.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and vanilla; stir until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake at 325°F for 35 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely. Place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes (do not freeze completely). Cut into squares.
- For Coating: In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt remaining chips with shortening; stir until smooth.
- Using a small plastic fork with two middle tines broken off, dip brownies to completely coat; shake off excess.
- Place brownies on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; immediately decorate with M&M's or other toppings as desired or drizzle with melted baking chips.
- Let stand until set. Store in a sealed container in a cool place.