1 hr 10 mins
As an affirmed macaroon, chocolate and pistachio lover, these look like real treats. I haven't made them *yet*. From Bon Appetit. Prep time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400-degrees, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- 2Blend sugar and almonds in food processor until nuts are ground to powder, scraping down sides of bowl often, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add flour and blend 1 minute.
- 4Transfer to a large bowl and mix in pistachios.
- 5In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and salt until stiff but not dry.
- 6Fold nut mixture into whites in 4 additions (batter will be thick).
- 7Spoon batter by generous tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, spacing mounds 1 1/2-inches apart.
- 8Bake cookies 1 sheet at a a time until dry and cracked on top, about 10 minutes.
- 9Melt chocolate over double-boiler or in microwave, stirring until melted.
- 10Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate, shaking off excess.
- 11Place on foil-lined baking sheets, or on waxed paper- chill for 30 minutes.
- 12(Can be made 3 days ahead. Store between sheets of waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate.) Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Dipped Almond-Pistachio Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.3
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g