This recipe was featured in an email from the www.lifescript.com website.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 300*F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- 2With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt on high speed until soft peaks form.
- 3Continue mixing on high speed while adding 1/2 cup of the sugar. Add the remaining sugar by the tablespoon. Beat for another 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is stiff and shiny.
- 4Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold in the almonds. Drop the meringue batter by the spoonful onto the cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of a spoon.
- 5Bake until pale golden, about 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool.
- 6Place the chocolate in a heatproof container and melt it over a simmering pot of water. Remove the chocolate from the heat.
- 7Line two cookie sheets with fresh parchment or waxed paper. One at a time, dip the bottoms of the meringues into the melted chocolate, let the excess chocolate drain off and place the chocolate-dipped meringues on the prepared cookie sheets. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the chocolate is set.
- 8Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate-Dipped Almond Meringues
Serving Size: 1 (14 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g