1/2 Photos of Chocolate Dipped Almond Anise Biscotti
1 hr 13 mins
This wonderful tasting biscotti that is already on the lean side can be made diabetic friendly very easily. P.S. I should mention that if your not a dunker you'll want to bake these for a shorter time (maybe 20 mins the first time and 5 the second time).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons anise seed (or more to taste)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs or 3/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, anise seed, almonds and salt in large bowl.
- 3Beat eggs, vanilla and milk in separate bowl. Gradually add to dry ingredients, when mixed you may need to knead the dough a few times.
- 4Divide dough in half.
- 5Roll each half into a 12-inch long log. Transfer logs to greased baking sheet. Flatten log to 1-inch thickness.
- 6Bake 30 minutes or until slightly risen and firm to touch.
- 7Cool logs on wire rack 15 minutes.
- 8Transfer to cutting board.
- 9Using a sharp serrated knife, cut logs diagonally into 3/4-inch thick slices. Place slices in single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- 10Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- 11Cool on baking sheets.
- 12Place chocolate and oil in small microwaveable bowl.
- 13Microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
- 14Stir; microwave additional 30 seconds. Microwave additional 30 seconds, if needed. Stir until completely melted.
- 15Dip each biscotti halfway into chocolate mixture.
- 16Let stand at room temperature or refrigerate on wax paper-lined tray 15 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- 17Store in covered container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dipped Almond Anise Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 48.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g