Recipe by Miss Erin C.
These are super good, moist scones that have become my favorite alternative to shortcake. Paired with berries or ice cream, this dessert is divine.
Top Review by Bina34
wonderful.....it does take more than 3 tablespoons of orange juice...probably double that... Otherwise perfect... I may add even more chocolate chips next time (it has enough..I just like a LOT). :) Thanks for the great/easy recipe!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 large Symphony candy bar, broken up into chunks or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Mix in the orange juice to form the dough (sometimes you may need more orange juice) Turn out the dough on a floured surface.
- Roll or pat into a 9" circle about half an inch thick.
- Cut into 4 large wedges and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, about 12-15 minutes.
- I use this for strawberry shortcake or top with ice cream.