Miss Erin's Note:
These are super good, moist scones that have become my favorite alternative to shortcake. Paired with berries or ice cream, this dessert is divine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles large crumbs.
- 5Stir in the chocolate.
- 6Mix in the orange juice to form the dough (sometimes you may need more orange juice) Turn out the dough on a floured surface.
- 7Roll or pat into a 9" circle about half an inch thick.
- 8Cut into 4 large wedges and transfer to baking sheet.
- 9Bake until golden, about 12-15 minutes.
- 10I use this for strawberry shortcake or top with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dessert Scones
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.7
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 500.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g