Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are super good, moist scones that have become my favorite alternative to shortcake. Paired with berries or ice cream, this dessert is divine.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Mix in the orange juice to form the dough (sometimes you may need more orange juice) Turn out the dough on a floured surface.
- Roll or pat into a 9" circle about half an inch thick.
- Cut into 4 large wedges and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, about 12-15 minutes.
- I use this for strawberry shortcake or top with ice cream.
wonderful.....it does take more than 3 tablespoons of orange juice...probably double that... Otherwise perfect... I may add even more chocolate chips next time (it has enough..I just like a LOT). :) Thanks for the great/easy recipe!