Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are super good, moist scones that have become my favorite alternative to shortcake. Paired with berries or ice cream, this dessert is divine.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 large Symphony candy bar, broken up into chunks or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Mix in the orange juice to form the dough (sometimes you may need more orange juice) Turn out the dough on a floured surface.
- Roll or pat into a 9" circle about half an inch thick.
- Cut into 4 large wedges and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, about 12-15 minutes.
- I use this for strawberry shortcake or top with ice cream.
wonderful.....it does take more than 3 tablespoons of orange juice...probably double that... Otherwise perfect... I may add even more chocolate chips next time (it has enough..I just like a LOT). :) Thanks for the great/easy recipe!