Miss Erin's Note:
These are super good, moist scones that have become my favorite alternative to shortcake. Paired with berries or ice cream, this dessert is divine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 4Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles large crumbs.
- 5Stir in the chocolate.
- 6Mix in the orange juice to form the dough (sometimes you may need more orange juice) Turn out the dough on a floured surface.
- 7Roll or pat into a 9" circle about half an inch thick.
- 8Cut into 4 large wedges and transfer to baking sheet.
- 9Bake until golden, about 12-15 minutes.
- 10I use this for strawberry shortcake or top with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Dessert Scones
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.7
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 500.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g