Recipe by Bergy
Use this crepe for an elegant easy dessert. Fill the crepe with whipped cream, fresh strawberries (or other fresh fruit), add some chocolate curls and there you are. Make these in advance - make the batter the night before and have it ready when you want to make them or better yet cook the crepes have wax paper between them, wrap in plastic wrap the foil and freeze them. They are good for 5 months.
Top Review by Sackville
Bergy, thank you for helping me rediscover a favourite recipe! We used to make chocolate crepes all the time until I lost my recipe card. These little gems have now filled the gap in my collection and they are oh so yummmmmy! We have eaten them several times with ice cream but they are also good with fresh fruit piled on top. They are very easy and quick to make as well.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk use regular milk and add 1 tbs fresh lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients in your blender, blend 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides, blend a few seconds or until smooth.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- To Cook:.
- A- Use upside down crepe pan and follow instructions OR.
- B-Use a non stick skillet-you do not need oil or other fat on the pan.
- Pour a small amount of batter in the pan then tilt and turn the pan so you spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the pan Cook over medium heat until the bottom is lightly browned, flip and cook for a few seconds Remove from the pan and stack with a piece of wax paper between the crepes.